Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Enlarge the Place of Thy Tent

Scripture:

Isaiah 54:2-3  "Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of they habitations; spare not: lengthen thy cords, and strengthen they stakes.  For thou shalt spread abroad on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall possess the nations, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited".

Observation:

Isaiah gives a word to Israel here that they should enlarge the place they live.  He tells them to stretch the curtains and to "spare not".  They are told they will stretch out on the right and left and that their seed shall possess the nations and desolate cities will be inhabited.

Application:

The application was definitely for Israel, but I believe we can apply this to our own individual lives.  There are times and seasons in God.  There are times of enduring difficult things.  There are season of development, but there are seasons of growth.  When we come to that season, we must prepare by expanding the place where we live and strengthen our stakes.  I feel like this is a word to me today about expanding the place we meet as a church and to strengthen the stakes of our ministry.  I believe God is saying we will send people to the nations.

Prayer:

Father, I hear Your voice this morning.  Help me to walk by faith and do all that You put in my heart.  Thank You for speaking to me clearly.  I love it when You do that.  Let Word of Life possess the nations and make cities of uninhabited places.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment