Thursday, October 26, 2017

God's Battle Axe

Scripture:

Jeremiah 51:20  "Thou art my battle-axe and weapons of war: and with thee will I break in pieces the nations; and with thee will I destroy kingdoms."

Observation:

God is speaking to His people and calls them his battle ax and weapons of war.  He says with them, He will break kingdoms in pieces.  God had allowed the surrounding nations to plunder His people out of punishment for their sins, but his anger is for a moment and his favor is for a lifetime.  When God was done punishing His people, He then judges those who punished them.  He calls his people battle axes and weapons of war.  He was going to use his people to bring judgment on the nations.

Application:

God can use anyone at any time, for any reason He chooses.  God is God and He can do what He wants to do!  There are times when as God's people, He wants us to be His battle axes and times He wants us to walk in peace with our enemies.  Our job is to hear the voice of the Spirit and to be led by Him daily.  Our job is to be ready to be a battle ax or a peacemaker.  Our goal is simply to advance His kingdom in the earth, however He wants to do that.  We must have our ears open to hear what He is saying.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to follow Your voice at all times.  Help me to know when to be a battle ax and when to be a peacemaker.  I want to walk in Your Spirit at all times and not live life on my own, doing my own will.  I have surrendered my heart to You and want to walk in step with You every day.

I am Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment