Thursday, October 12, 2017

Forward not Backward

Scripture:

Jeremiah 7:24  "But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward".

Observation:

In the verse prior to this is says, "Hearken unto my voice... and it will be well with you".  Here we see God telling His people He wants to be their God and for them to be His people, but they would not incline their ears, not hearken to His voice.  Therefore, they went backward and not forward.

Application:

When we are hearing from God and doing what He says, we will see our lives moving forward.  When we are not inclining our ears and listening to the Word of the Lord, we can expect our lives to go backwards.  We need to hear the voice of our God and walk with Him as friend with friend.  Then we will always be moving forward. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are faithful and You are true.  Help me to incline my ears to Your voice.  Help me to tune in and hear what You are speaking to me.  I'm tired of not moving forward in some areas of my life.  I want to move forward, but I need to hear from You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment