Friday, October 13, 2017

In These Things I Delight

Scripture:

Jeremiah 9:23-24 "Thus saith Jehovah, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches; but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he hath understanding, and knoweth me, that I am Jehovah who exerciseth lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith Jehovah."

Observation:

Jeremiah tells his people that they should glory in the things they have.  They shouldn't glory in their wisdom, their might, nor their wealth, but in having understanding and knowing God.  God said that in this He delights. 

Application:

God delights in us when we glory in Him.  He wants to be the center of our lives and desires for us to put our trust in Him and Him alone.  When we realize He is smarter, richer, and mightier than us, we will humble ourselves and at that point, we are right where God wants us to be.  Our glory is totally in Him.  He is the one who demonstrates lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness.  God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  He delights in our humility and blesses it.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring You praise and glory.  Help me not to trust in anything of myself, but to trust in You alone.  I can't do anything without You.  You are my source and my resource.  You are my strength and my deliverer.  You are my everything.  Guide me today and let me hear Your voice clearly.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment