Tuesday, October 24, 2017

God's Heart

Scripture:

Jeremiah 46:28 "Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith Jehovah; for I am with thee: for I will make a full end of the nations whither I have driven thee; but I will not make a full end of thee, but I will correct thee in measure, and will in no wise leave thee unpunished."

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah to those who God was punishing because of their unfaithfulness.  God was allowing other nations to come in and capture them.  He was punishing them for the unfaithfulness, but in the process, He lets them know they are still His children and that He will bring them out of the oppression and will deal with the nations that hurt them.  He lets them know they will be punished, but also that their punishment will be in measure, then He will return them to a place of favor when they have surrendered to Him completely.

Application:

God does discipline His children, but His discipline is always for the purpose of restoration.  We can rest assured that when we are being chastened by the Lord, He is doing it for our good and then His favor will come again.  God's heart is to bless His children, but sometimes when we do things our own way instead of His, we block ourselves from His blessing and receive correction from Him.  Even when correction comes, we should be happy because it proves He still loves us.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for speaking to me this morning.  Your heart is always to bless my life, but sometimes I get off track and move ahead on my own.  Help me to always wait on You instead of plowing ahead.  Your love never fails.  Let me life out of Your love and spread your love everywhere I go.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment