Saturday, September 30, 2017

I Have Called Thee

Scripture:

Isaiah 42:6-7  "I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house".

Observation:

This seems to be a reference to the coming of the Messiah.  We can definitely see Jesus in these verses.  He came and God was with Him.  He was a light to the Gentiles, opened prison doors and brought people out of prison.  Jesus came to fulfill this prophetic word.

Application:

When Jesus left the earth, He gave the authority to us so that we could continue His work in the earth.  We are to finish the task Jesus came for and we have been empowered to do it.  Therefore, God is calling us in righteousness and He will hold our hand wherever we go.  He will flow through us to open bind eyes and set prisoners free.  We must offer ourselves to Him in righteousness and do what He sent us to do.

Prayer:

Father, let Your Spirit be upon my life to fulfill the ministry of Jesus on the earth.  Lord, help me to follow You completely.  Help me to hear clearly everything You want me to do.  Open doors and shut doors that Your name may be glorified in and through my life.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment