Monday, September 11, 2017

Promises Promises

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 5:5  "Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay".

Observation:

Here we are told that it is better not to make a vow, than to make a vow and not pay.

Application:

We need to be careful about making promises that we can't deliver on.  It is better not to make a promise, then to make a promise and not deliver.  When we don't deliver on our promises, we lose trust.  When we don't come through on things, people around us trust us less and less.  We need to be careful about making too many promises.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in wisdom and not open my mouth until I'm sure I can do whatever I am claiming.  Help me to walk and talk faith, yet be able to deliver.  Help me not to make promises that don't come true.  I want to be a man of my word.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment