Friday, July 1, 2016

Seek God and Succeed

Scripture:

II Chronicles 26:5  "He sought God during the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God.  As long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success".

Observation:

This is a strong theme throughout all of the kings of Israel and Judah.  As long as they sought the Lord, they were successful, but when they began to attempt things without the Lord, they would begin losing battles.  There is a direct correlation between seeking the Lord and victory in life.

Application:

Many times in our lives, we only seek God when things are going poorly.  When things are going well, we tend to just drift through life and our seeking of the Lord grows and less and less passionate.  When we give ourselves to seeking the Lord in good times and bad times, we will begin to see His results in our lives.  When we seek God, we succeed.  Therefore, we must teach ourselves to seek God continually, when things are good and when things are bad.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be a God-seeker.  I want to be one who continually goes after you in my life.  I want to be a seeker in good times and in bad times.  I want to know You more and more intimately.  I want to walk with You and know Your voice.  Help me walk in the discipline of seeking You, even when things are going well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment