Friday, July 29, 2016

Christ Working Powerfully in Me

Scripture:

Colossians 1:29  "To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me".

Observation:

Paul, in writing to the Colossians, tells them that he proclaims Christ as the one who can present them fully mature.  In his ministry, he worked hard to present Christ.  He closes this portion of the text by saying, "To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me".

Application:

When we get weary in well doing, we must ask ourselves if we are working in our own strength and doing the things that we want to do, or are we truly contending with the energy Christ powerfully gives us.  His power is provided for those who are truly doing His work.  We need to make sure we are contending for the right thing, then our strength will be limitless.

Prayer:

Father, let me fight for the right things.  Help me to stay on Your agenda and present Christ fully and completely.  Help me to keep the main thing, the main thing.  I want my life to lift up Jesus and I need Your strength to do that.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment