Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Reminding God

Scripture:

Nehemiah 13:31  "I also made provision for contributions of wood at designated times, and fo the firstfruits.  Remember me with favor, my God".

Observation:

Nehemiah led the charge to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem.  He witnessed God do some fantastic things under his leadership.  After the wall was rebuilt, the people did as people so quickly do and began to forsake the Lord God who had helped them.  They began to do the things that caused them to end up in bondage to another nation.  Nehemiah tried his best to do things God's way and to get the people to follow God properly.  In the end he reminded God of all he had done and then asked God to remember him with favor.

Application:

When we have done some things right in our lives, we can point back and remind God of the things we have done for Him.  King Hezekiah did this and the Lord added 15 years to his life.  He Nehemiah did the same.  First we need to live a life that gives God something to remember, then we need to remind Him and ask for His favor.

Prayer:

Father, I have worked diligently for Your kingdom.  I have done my best to extend Your kingdom into all the earth in my day.  I ask You to place Your favor on my life and let me see some of the breakthroughs You have promised would come.  Bless my life, my family, and the church You have asked me to lead.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment