Monday, July 18, 2016

Don't Be Anxious

Scripture:

Philippians 4:6  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God".

Observation:

Paul is telling the Philippian people not to allow anxiety into their lives.  He tells them how to do it.  He says it will come through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving as we make our requests made known to God.

Application:

We need to walk in thanksgiving for all God has done for us.  We must learn to be thankful in all things.  It is also up to us to make our requests known to God and trust Him to take care of what we need.  As we present things to God, we must take our hands off of them and determine not to be anxious over them.  Anxiety never fixed anything.  We must give it to God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in thanksgiving today and to let my requests come to You.  Help me not to get anxious as I endeavor to do take care of some things today that normally bring great frustration to me.  Thank You for sharing this with me today.  I give You my day and thank you for this day You have given me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment