Monday, July 4, 2016

Knowing Who You Are

Scripture:

Galatians 1:1  "Paul, an apostle - sent not from men nor by a man, but my Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead".

Observation:

When writing to the Galatians, Paul started his letter by letting them know who he was.  He knew deeply who he was in Christ.  He was confident of God's calling on his life and what he was called to do.  There was no question in his mind whether God had called him or not.  With authority he said that he was sent by God, not by man.

Application:

We need to seek God until we the confidence Paul had concerning who we are and what God has sent us to do.  If it happened for Paul, it can happen for us.  We can know what we are sent by God to do and must learn to seek God until we are confident in that, then we can walk in a greater level of authority.

Prayer:

Father God, I want to know You and Your calling on my life in greater detail.  I want to be confident in my calling and walk in a greater authority.  I love You and will serve You all the days of my life.  I just want to know You more and more and Your will for my life specifically.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment