Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Keep In Step With the Spirit

Scripture:

Galatians 5:25  "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit".

Observation:

Paul's letter to the Galatians deals with Judaizers coming in and telling God's people that they needed to be circumcised and follow the Laws of Moses.  He was standing up and telling them that they need to stay in step with the Spirit because the Law could no longer save them.  He talks about keeping in step with the Holy Spirit.

Application:

The first things this tells me is that the Spirit is always moving.  He is taking steps and we are to keep in step with Him.  Where He moves, we need to move.  We should do our best to walk in step with Him.  When we do that, we will be fulfilling all the Law and Prophets.  We can't stay in step when we walk in disobedience.  My job today... keep in step.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, help me to keep in step with You today and every day.  Help me to seek your guidance and follow accordingly.  Help me to see what You are doing and come alongside You.  I want to step where You step and follow where You are going.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment