Wednesday, July 27, 2016

How Great is God?

Scripture:

Job 36:26  "How great is God - beyond our understanding!  The number of his years is past finding out".

Observation:

Elihu is speaking to Job about his condition and his relationship with God.  Everyone is trying to figure out why all this bad has happened to Job and can't.  Elihu, in his endeavor, does throw out some great words about God.  He tells Job, "How great is God - beyond our understanding".

Application:

No matter what is going on in our lives, we can always know that God is great!  He is beyond our comprehension.  His ways are above our ways and His thoughts are above our thoughts.  When we can't figure something out, He can!  When we don't know what to do... He does.  He is beyond our understanding and knows what we need to do.  Our job then is to seek Him.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You more.  You are great and beyond my understanding.  I have seen you do the impossible.  I have seen you work so many times.  You continue to amaze me!  Show me what to do in my life.  Lead me along the path You have for me.  Help me to trust You more each day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment