Monday, July 25, 2016

Guard Your Mouth

Scripture:

Job 27:4  "my lips will not say anything wicked, and my tongue will not utter lies".

Observation:

Job was defending himself when his friends were telling him that he must have done something wrong because God was judging him.  He told them that his lips wouldn't say anything wicked and that his tongue would not utter lies.  He knew that our mouths get us into all kinds of trouble.

Application:

Our mouths have the ability to get us into all kinds of trouble.  We should be able to say like Job, that our mouths will not speak evil or tell lies.  We need to learn to refrain from saying anything that brings hurt to others.  We need to ask God to help us gain control of our tongues.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk before You in honesty and integrity.  Help me to refrain my tongue from speaking evil or saying things You wouldn't want me to say.  Teach me to submit my tongue to You and Your Spirit.  I want to make You look good and to represent You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment