Friday, July 15, 2016

Obedience and Favor

Scripture:

Esther 2:20  "But Esther had kept secret her family background and nationality just as Mordecai had told her to do, for she continued to follow Mordecai's instructions as she had done when he was bringing her up".

Observation:

Esther had great favor with the leader assigned to her during the beauty pageant.  She also found great favor in the eyes of the king.  Favor was on her life in a very special way.  We also see, just following those verses about her favor, that she was obedient to her uncle who raised her.  She did what he said and walked in submission to him, even as a young adult and eventually even as queen.

Application:

Submission to authority brings the favor of God into our lives.  When we have a rebellious, I'll do what I want to do, attitude, we cannot expect to walk in favor with God and man.  When we have a heart to submit to the authority placed over our lives, we will be begin to see favor increase.  Obedience brings favor!

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in obedience to those over me.  Let Your favor rest on my life and let me never feel like I am above submitting to authority and serving others.  Let a spirit of humility exude from my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment