Thursday, July 28, 2016

Where Were You?

Scripture:

Job 38:4  "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?  Tell me if you understand".

Observation:

After tons of complaining to God about being unfair to him, God finally responds to Job directly.  Job had let it be known that God was treating him unfair because he had walked holy and godly all of his life.  After hearing much from Job, the Lord replied, "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?"  Basically, God was saying, "Who do you think you are?"

Application:

Sometimes we feel we deserve better than what we are getting in life.  Sometimes we feel like God treats others better than He treats us.  It is easy to feel like we deserve better in life and that God isn't treating us fairly.  We must realize that God knows best.  He created this world and knows what is best for our lives.  He created us and knows exactly what we need at each point in our lives.  We must learn to trust Him and let Him do in our lives what He wants to.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility toward You.  You know best for my life.  You know best what I need.  You are in control!  help me to submit to You better each day and to follow You completely.  I wasn't there when You created the universe, but You did a fantastic job!  Help me to know You created me and know exactly what I need at each moment of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment