Friday, July 22, 2016

Who is My Friend?

Scripture:

Job 16:20-21  "My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as one pleads for a friend".

Observation:

Job suffered incredible devastation.  His children had all died, his livestock was all gone, his livelihood was gone and he was tormented physically.  He had nothing going for him in life at this point, but he understood something.  He talks about his intercessor, or the one who stands in between two parties defending one of them.  He says his intercessor is his friend and that his intercessor pleads with God as someone pleads for a friend.

Application:

A true intercessor is a real friend.  A true intercessor will cover your back and stand before God pleading on your behalf.  A real intercessor feels your pain and stands before the Lord pleading for your breakthrough.  When you find a true intercessor, you find a friend who will walk with you and cry out to God on your behalf.  We need more intercessors in the body of Christ.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to be an intercessor for those around me.  Help me to plead with You for those you put on my heart.  Teach me to walk with You and to stand in the gap for others.  I also ask You to set some more intercessors around me to be a friend who will plead with You on my behalf.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment