Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Ask the Former Generation

Scripture:

Job 8:8  "Ask the former generation and find out what their ancestors learned".

Observation:

Bildad, one of Job's friends and comforters, gave him some great advice.  He told Job that he should ask the former generation and find out what their ancestors learned.

Application:

It is good to ask the advice of people who have lived a long time and seen many thing in their lives.  We usually depend only on ourselves instead of asking those who have gone before us.  We need to listen to those who have walked before us.  They have been there and done that and have several t-shirts.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to walk this out in my day.  Help me to walk humble enough to ask for advice from those who have gone before me.  Teach me the wisdom of asking those who have gone before.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment