Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Blameless and Upright

Scripture:

Job 1:1  "In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job.  This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil".

Observation:

I love this description of Job.  The Bible says he was blameless and upright.  It describes hi as someone who feared God and shunned evil.  Job was a really good man.  He feared God and ran away from things that were not right.

Application:

Although Job is best known for the temptations and tests he would undergo, I think the first verse in this book is powerful  We should strive to live as Job lived.  Are we living blameless and upright?  Are we really fearing God and shunning evil?  We should learn from Job to pursue God and walk upright in all our ways.

Prayer:

Father, let me be a person who fears You , lives upright and follows You completely.  Let my life demonstrate a fear of You and a shunning of evil  Help me not to entertain evil, but to run from it.  Let my life be blameless in every way.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment