Friday, July 8, 2016

True Contrition

Scripture:

Ezra 10:1  "While Ezra was praying and confessing, weeping and throwing himself down before the house of God, a large crowd of Israelites - men, women, and children - gathered around him.  They too wept bitterly".

Observation:

I love the way this passage speaks of how Ezra presented himself before God.  It says he was praying, confessing, weeping and throwing himself down before God.  He was truly contrite before the Lord and was extremely sorry for what he and his nation had done.

Application:

Sometimes I hear people confess their sins in such an unemotional way that it seems there is no contrition or conviction of their sins.  Ezra humbled himself before the Lord and we need to take lessons from him.  We need to realize the hugeness of our sins and truly repent with a humble heart for breaking the heart of God with our sin.  May true conviction for sin grab our generation.

Prayer:

Father, in Your word I see men and women who truly walked with You and when they messed up, they didn't simply apologize, they wept and humbled themselves over their sin.  May Your conviction truly enter my life and may I humble myself before You in a stronger way, realizing how my wrong choices hurt You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment