Monday, August 31, 2015

Wisdom and Discipline

Scripture:

Proverbs 1:3  "Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives, to help them do what is right, just and fair".

Observation:

When the author uses the words "their purpose", he is referring to wisdom and discipline.  He is saying that wisdom and discipline help people live disciplined and successful lives.  Wisdom is awesome and will benefit you greatly, but discipline is what puts wisdom into practice.  Many times, wisdom tells us what to do, but we don't have the discipline to implement it in our lives.

Application:

Discipline is a word we all hate because we all need a little more of it.  It is making us do the things we need to do.  Success comes from wisdom and discipline.  If we want to be successful, we must ask God for the discipline to implement the wise things He teaches us.

Prayer:

Father, help me lead a more disciplined life.  Help me implement the wisdom You have already given me.  Help me make the changes necessary to lead a successful life.  I need You help in this.  I feel like I usually know what to do, but have a hard time making myself do it.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment