Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Build and Keep the House Lord!

Scripture:

Psalm 127:1  "Except the Lord build the house, They labor in vain that build it:  Except Jehovah keep the city, The watchmen waketh but in vain".

Observation:

The Psalmist realized that he could work hard to build something and it could be destroyed in a moment.  He realized that unless God was in the building and in the keeping, that what he was building was in vain because it would come to nothing.

Application:

Sometimes, as God's people we are working hard, but getting nowhere because we are relying on our own strength.  We can put alarm systems in our homes and our cars, but we still have to worry unless the Lord is our protction.  We are to put our trust in the Lord God Almighty, who doesn't sleep or slumber.  We need God to build the house and God to protect the house.

Prayer:

Father, let me labor in the areas You are laboring.  Let my labor not be in vain, but let me do what You want me to do at all times.  Watch over the work of my hands as I try to build Your Kingdom.  Let me do what You want done.  Let me hear your voice clearly and be on Your agenda, not my own.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment