Tuesday, August 4, 2015

To Behold His Glory

Scripture:

Psalm 27:4  "One thing have I asked of Jehovah, that will I seek after; That I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of Jehovah, and to inquire in his temple".

Observation:

The Psalmist here had one desire.  He had one passion.  He sought after one thing.  He wanted to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of his life.  He wanted to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple.  The Psalmist wanted to be where God was.  He wanted to hear God's voice and to follow it.

Application:

Sometimes we can get so busy that we forget about God.  Sometimes we can even get so busy doing God's things that we forget to spend time with Him.  Sometimes we need to step back and take the time out of our schedule to simply behold the glory of the Lord and be in His presence where we can inquire of Him.  We need to desire and seek after being in God's presence like the Psalmist.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to follow Your voice with all my heart.  I want to be a God-seeker.  I want to be like David, who sought after Your presence and wanted to spend time in Your Temple.  Help me to push aside some things that drain my time and to pursue You more.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment