Thursday, August 27, 2015

Let Me Know the Way

Scripture;

Psalm 143:8  "Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; For in thee do I trust: Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; For I lift up my soul unto thee".

Observation:

The Psalmist asks the Lord cause him to hear God's lovingkindness in the morning because he trusts God.  Then he asks God to cause him to know the way to walk.  The Psalmist wanted God to make clear where and how he should walk.  He lifted his soul up to God and asked God to show him the direction for his life.  He wasn't asking God to bless his plans, but asking God to let him see God's direction.

Application:

Sometimes we tend to make our plans and simply ask God to bless them.  It is extremely important to walk on God's agenda and fulfill His will for our lives.  His plan is always going to be better than our plan, yet many times we don't ask Him to make his direction clear.  I need to seek the Lord more and get His direction of where I need to walk and what I need to do.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear Your voice.  Cause me to know where You want me to walk and what You want me to do.  I want to be in the center of Your will and not out on my own journey.  Let my life fulfill Your plans in my generation.  Show me Your will in every area and I will walk accordingly.  Make Your will known to me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment