Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Staying Young

Scripture:

Psalm 92:14  "They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; They shall be full of sap and green".

Observation:

The Psalmist says that the righteous will still bring forth fruit and be full of sap and green in their old age.   I love to see older people who are still young at heart and full of life.  I love to see older people who can still relate to a young generation and who stay fresh.  When I get old, I want to still be bringing forth fruit.

Application:

The goal is not really staying young, but being righteous.  It says that the righteous will bring forth fruit in their old age.  As we set our sights on living a righteous life, God will make sure that we remain young at heart and still bearing fruit.  The goal is righteousness,the fruit is staying fruitful and alive.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in righteousness all the days of my life.  Help me to always be able to relate with the younger generations.  Let me walk before You in righteousness and let my life be fruitful.  I want to be leading people to Christ and shining for You late in life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment