Tuesday, August 11, 2015

When My Heart is Overwhelmed

Scripture:

Psalm 61:2  "From the end of the earth will I call into thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: Lead me to the rock that is higher than I".

Observation:

The Psalmist here is crying out to the Lord.  He knew where to turn when things were going bad.  He knew to call unto the Lord.  He says to the Lord that when his heart is overwhelmed, he wants the Lord to lead him to the rock that is higher than he is.  He knew that God could lead him to a safe place when he cried out to the Lord.

Application:

We need to learn when we are overwhelmed, to call on God.  He is the answer for whatever our needs are.  He can lead us out of our current problems and situations.  I need some time today to call on the Lord because my heart is overwhelmed right now with much stuff.

Prayer:

Father, as the Psalmist did, I call unto thee when my heart is overwhelmed.  Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  Show me what to do in my current situation.  Teach me how to walk in love, patience, understanding, yet boldness for You and Your ways.  Show me the right path in dealing with my current situation.  Lead me to the rock that is higher than I and let me see from Your perspective.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment