Friday, August 21, 2015

God Treads Down Our Enemies

Scripture:

Psalm 108:13  "Through God we shall do valiantly: For he it is that will tread down our adversaries".

Observation:

The Psalmist knew that it was God who defeated all of his enemies.  He knew that his own might and power were nothing if God wasn't on his side.  He realized that God, not man, made him valiant and that his victories came from God alone.  It is we that do valiantly, but only through God.  He causes us to be valiant, not ourselves.

Application:

We must realize that everything good thing in our lives comes from God.  It is He that treads down our adversaries.  We can try to be brave and valiant, but it is only through God that we can truly be valiant.  We can have a good positive mental attitude all day long and still not be valiant.  We are valiant when we are fully submitted to God.  He is valiant and when we really walk with Him, we will be valiant.

Prayer:

Father, work valiantly through my life.  You are the center of my life.  Help me keep my focus on You and not myself and my own emotions and feelings.  You are the source of every good thing.  Help me to know Your voice better and to walk in Your power.  Let me be valiant through You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment