Friday, August 7, 2015

Bridle My Mouth

Scripture:

Psalm 39:1  "I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me".

Observation:

In this verse I see wisdom in the Psalmist.  It seems like it was a period when his enemies were working overtime and his wisdom said, "I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue".  He knew that when pressure is on and our enemies are attacking, that it is natural to sin with our tongue.  He put a bridle on it before it got him in trouble.

Application:

We all need to bridle our tongues in times of pressure.  Usually, the first thing that happens when we are under pressure is that we sin with our tongues.  We will say things we don't really mean and then hope we can take them back.  We must bridle our tongues in advance, then we won't get ourselves in trouble by saying something we wish we wouldn't have.said.

Prayer:

Father, help me to bridle my tongue when pressure is on.  Help me to think before I speak.  I know when I am tired, I tend to lose my cool quicker and say things I wish I hadn't.  Help me be wise and know when to rest and when to bridle my tongue.  When I need to speak up and say something, please give me strength to say it as well.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment