Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Give Thanks To God

Scripture:

Psalm 136:1  "Oh give thanks unto Jehovah; for He is good; For His lovingkindness endureth forever".

Observation:

The Psalmist declares that God is good and that His lovingkindness lasts forever.  He reminds us that we should be people who thank God regularly for all he does in our lives.  The rest of the Psalm tells all that God had done for the people of Israel and what they had to give thanks for.

Application:

If God never did another thing for me, I would be able to look back on my life and that Him for all he has done.  It is very frustrating to do things for unappreciative people.  When you feel like your good deeds are not appreciated, you don't really want to do more.  What is appreciated, get repeated!  We need to show God that same appreciation for all He has done in our lives.  Think about where you are right now and where God has brought you from.  Think about what could have happened in your life if it wasn't for the Lord.  Thank Him for it.

Prayer:

Lord, You have done so much for me.  You have blessed my life over and over.  You have helped me through so many difficult situations.  You have upheld me when people were talking about me.  You have sustained me when things were tough.  You have been a rock, a hiding place, a refuge, my healer, my strength, my deliverer, my rescue, my help, and my everything!  Thank you!!!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment