Monday, August 3, 2015

He Restores My Soul

Scripture:

Psalm 23:3  "He restoreth my soul: He guideth me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake".

Observation:

The 23rd Psalm is probably one of the most well known and most quoted pieces of Scripture.  In verse 3 it tells us the Jehovah restores my soul.  Restoration is what happens when something was useful and got old or worn out.  Our soul is our mind, will and emotions.  This tells me that when we are worn out in our soul, God restores our mind, will and emotions.

Application:

Sometimes I get tired "emotionally" and feel like I'm losing my "will" to fight.  Sometimes we get tired in our thought life and worn out.  God is the restorer of our souls.  In His presence, He restores our mind, will and emotions.  We can get up in the morning and determine we are going to take control of our emotions, but when we give it to God, he will give us the strength and He will restore us.

Prayer:

Father, I have been so tired lately.  I feel exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally.  Restore my soul this morning.  I look to You to do Your great work of restoring my soul.  Guide me in the paths of righteousness and help me to get the rest I need today and this week.  You are my strength.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment