Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Strength of My Heart

Scripture;

Psalm 73:26  "My flesh and my heart faileth; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever".

Observation:

The Psalmist realized his weakness and God's strength.  He realized that his own strength and his body would fail him, but that God was his strength and his portion.  He knew that only God could give him the strength he needed to do what he needed to do.

Application:

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, exhausted, tired and fatigued.  Sometimes I feel exactly what the Psalmist was saying.  In those times, I must remember that God is my strength and that I am not on my own.  It is God who gives me what I need to keep going forward.  He is truly the portion I need to keep moving forward and not to give in to weakness and tiredness.

Prayer:

Father, I put my trust in You.  When my flesh and my heart fail, You are my strength and my portion.  You are the one who gives me all I need to do Your will in my lifetime.  Thank You for not leaving me to do things in my own strength, but giving me the strength to accomplish Your will.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment