Monday, August 10, 2015

I Will Call Upon God

Scripture:

Psalm 55:16  "As for me, I will call upon God; and Jehovah will save me".

Observation:

The Psalmist here was complaining to God about his enemies and wanting God to destroy them.  He was speaking of their wickedness and how terrible they were.  In the midst of it, he makes the statement that says, "As for me, I will call upon God; and Jehovah will save me".  I love the confidence the Psalmist has when he says, "Jehovah will save me".  He knew God would save him.

Application:

We need to ask in faith, with nothing waivering.  James tells us when we ask God, we must ask in faith or expect to receive nothing.  God wants to bless His people, but His people must call on Him and expect to receive what they ask for.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in faith and to ask for the things that I need in life.  Teach me to be a person of great faith and let me know that You will save me when I call.  I call upon You to build my church, my home and my city into what You want them to be.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment