Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Wisdom Brings Joy

Scripture:

Proverbs 8:32 "And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful".

Observation:

This proverb starts out with wisdom crying out.  Throughout the Proverb, wisdom says many things, but here wisdom says that whoever follows her ways are joyful.  Wisdom not only makes sense and works, but joy comes from walking in wisdom.  When we walk in wisdom, instead of being led by our emotions, we will be joyful.

Application:

If joy could be bottled up and sold, it would be extremely valuable.  People crave joy and can't seem to get it.  People long for joy, but it eludes them.  We must realize that joy comes from living a life of wisdom.  Wisdom puts things in order and causes us to be successful, which also causes us to feel joy overall.  When we feel like we could use some joy, we need to ask the Lord if we have been walking in wisdom.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk with the wise instead of with fools.  Help me to seek out wisdom and give me the discipline to implement the wisdom I receive.  Teach me to work and walk with more wisdom.  Wisdom get more done in a shorter time and bring joy into our lives.  I want to live in joy.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment