Saturday, September 26, 2015

Resting in the Lord

Scripture:

Isaiah 30:15  "This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:  'Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved.  In quietness and confidence is your strength.  But you would have none of it'".

Observation:

God was speaking through Isaiah and letting him know that all of their fighting, dealing, etc. with their enemies, we useless and would give them no results.  He said that their only hope was returning to Him and resting in Him.  Instead of making deals with enemies and alliances with the ungodly, they would find their strength in quietness and confidence, resting in the Lord.

Application:

It is actually much easier to fight your own battles, figure out your own path, and do your own thing than to rest in quietness and confidence that the Lord will take care of you.  It is not easy to rest, when you see the enemy attacking.  It is not easy to let things go and be quiet when it feels like life is falling apart.  We must learn that trusting God produces better results than fighting every enemy on our own.

Prayer:

Father, help me learn to trust You more.  Teach me to rest in quiet confidence that You are working in my life and that Your will is going to be accomplished.  Help me to know when to fight and when to rest.  Show me the balance of leaning on You and using my own wisdom.  I want Your will above all else,

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment