Tuesday, September 22, 2015

God's Authority in World Events

Scripture:

Isaiah 14:24  "The Lord of Heaven's Armies has sworn this oath: 'It will all happen as I have planned, It will be as I have decided".

Observation:

Isaiah is in the middle of prophesying destruction for Assyria, Babylon, etc.  In the midst of his prophecy, he states that "It will all happen as I have planned.  It will be as I have decided".  God was saying that He is literally in control of world events and that He raises up and tears down nations.  The heart of every king is in His hands and He is in total control over world events.

Application:

Sometimes when we see world events unfolding, especially now as we near walk into the last days and prophecies are being fulfilled before our eyes, we tend to lose sight of who God is in the middle of all this.  The heart of the kings are in God's hands.  He is in control!  Right now, He is setting things in order so that His will can be done.  Nothing going on right now is a surprise to God.  He knows all and is actually placing people in certain roles for the wrap up of all things.  We can place our trust in Him.  He is in control.

Prayer:

Father, you are incredible!  I worship You this morning.  Your name is above all names and Your Kingdom is everlasting.  I see the signs of the times, but also realize that you are in total control.  Help me to trust you more and to walk in faith.  Speak into my heart things to come.  Show me what You are up to and what is really going on in the earth.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment