Monday, September 21, 2015

The Joy of the Lord

Scripture:

Isaiah 12:3  "With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!"

Observation:

Isaiah gives us a word that we so desperately need.  He tells us that salvation should be a joy to us and bring our lives joy.  Literally the Hebrew would read here that with joy we will drink deeply of the fountain of Jesus.  Jesus is Yeshua, which is salvation.  Joy should be an outward expression of an inward fountain.

Application:

We need the joy of Jesus back in our lives.  I need my joy back!  Life hasn't been easy lately and I have had a lot on my mind.  I have allowed it to steal my joy.  I need to make the decision today to walk in joy.  It is a fruit of the Spirit and my walk with Christ should bring forth joy.  I have always been seen as a very joyful person and I want that back in my life.

Prayer:

Father, help me get my joy back.  I want to overflow with the life and goodness of God.  I want to live a joy-filled life that makes Jesus look good.  Help me to conquer this area once again.  Forgive me for letting the cares of this world rob my joy.  Empower me to live in joy again.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment