Friday, September 11, 2015

Thinking About Death

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 7:4  "A wise person thinks a lot about death, while a fool thinks only about having a good time".

Observation:

Solomon was considered the wisest man who ever lived.  He says that wise people think a lot about death.  This sounds morbid, but there is so much truth to it.  He says that fools think only about having a good time.

Application:

Recently I have had to think about death more because of some things that happened in my life this week.  Thinking about death really changes our perspective so much.  When you realize how fragile life is, you think differently about what is important.  Death helps us refocus our lives.  We must think about eternity and how we will spend it.  We must ask ourselves, "if I die, will I be missed?"  "Has my life made any impact on the world?"  "Has my life been meaningless?"  Thinking about death makes you reflect on our lives, which is very healthy for us.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for refocusing my life onto what is eternally important.  Help me keep that focus and re-prioritize my list of important things.  Direct the life I have left to make the greatest impact. More than anything, don't let me step out of Your will for my life.  I truly want to walk in step with You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment