Thursday, September 24, 2015

Extreme Obedience

Scripture:

Isaiah 20:2  "the Lord told Isaiah so of Amoz, 'Take off the burlap you have been wearing, and remove your sandals.'  Isaiah did as he was told and walked around naked and barefoot."

Observation:

The Lord spoke to Isaiah and told him to walk around barefoot and naked.  He did this for three years!  God often used the prophets as illustrations of the message He was going to speak through them.  He was telling Egypt and Ethiopia that they would walk naked and barefoot as slaves to another nation.  Though it seemed quite extreme, Isaiah did what he was told and became a living lesson to these nations.

Application:

Sometimes we complain that God is asking us to do things that don't make sense.  We feel like He is asking too much of us, yet none of us has been asked to walk around naked and barefoot for three years.  I would question, God pretty severely if He asked me to do something like that.  I would say it was the devil.  I would straight up disobey.  What can God ask me to do that I would say no to?  Am i really willing to say yes to whatever God asks me to do.  I need to be in the place where no to God is not an option.

Prayer:

Father, You have been so good to me.  I know I sometimes struggle with direct obedience.  I try to explain why I can't do certain things.  Help me to live a life of complete obedience to the things You place in my heart.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment