Thursday, September 17, 2015

Confidence in God

Scripture:

II Timothy 4:18  "Yes, and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom.  All glory to God forever and ever!  Amen.

Observation:

Paul, Timothy's spiritual father and mentor, is nearing the end of his life and he reminds Timothy that, no matter what people do to him, God will deliver him.  Paul had tested and proven God throughout his adult life and knew that God would truly deliver him every time.  He had incredible confidence in God, though he had been through so much stuff.  He was confident that God was going to fight his battles and bring him safely into heaven.

Application:

Paul had been through attack after attack in his life.  He had suffered for Christ much and had seen God deliver him every time.  I want to walk in that level of confidence and faith.  In this passage, he tells Timothy with great confidence that God will deliver him from every attack.  We need that kind of faith.  Imprisoned, yet knowing God would deliver him.

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  I want to walk in that absolute confidence that Paul walked in.  I want to be able to boldly proclaim that You will absolutely deliver me out of every evil attack and bring me safely into Your kingdom.  You are amazing and I want to be a man of faith.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment