Wednesday, September 16, 2015

He Claims Me as His Own

Scripture:

Song of Songs 7:10  "I am my lover's, and he claims me as his own".

Observation:

This woman knew she was loved and that she belonged to her husband.  She was very happy because she knew she was wanted and she knew that he claimed her out of all other women to be his own.  His claiming her, gave her a sense of security in their relationship and she knew she was his.

Application:

As a man, my wife needs to know and see that I claim her as my own and that I am proud to be with her.  This woman felt confident in her relationship with her husband because he claimed her.  I want my wife to feel confident about our relationship because I claim her and acclaim her publicly.

Prayer:

Father, help me love Cheryl in a way that gives her the confidence of this woman in scripture.  Help me to give her that security of knowing she is claimed and acclaimed by her husband.  Teach me to love my wife better and better.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment