Thursday, September 10, 2015

Togetherness

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 4:9  "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed".

Observation:

Solomon, just prior to this verse, was saying how meaningless life is.  He was saying it is even worse and more meaningless to walk through it alone.  He then comes to make this point that two are better than one because they can help each other succeed.  He realized that most things in life are meaningless, but that with each other there is at least a little meaning.  We need each other.

Application:

Living life alone is extremely difficult.  Having someone to talk to is so important in our lives.  Sometimes, they don't have to say anything or help in any way except just to listen.  Two truly are better than one.  We must learn to lean on each other and God.  Succeeding alone is useless, but succeeding together is valuable.  Success isn't success unless there is a successor.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk with others in togetherness.  Help me to walk as one with Cheryl.  Teach me to let people into my life and teach me to ask for help when I need it.  Show me the way forward and lead me into Your will for my life.  I need You God.  You are my only hope.  I desperately want to do Your will and not my own.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment