Monday, September 7, 2015

Heartfelt Counsel

Scripture:

Proverbs 27:9  "The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense".

Observation:

Solomon was extremely wise and it is seen in this passage.  He tells us that true, heartfelt, counsel, that may not be exactly what we wanted to hear, from a friend is sweet and beautiful.  It is something we should appreciate and that will make our lives better.

Application:

It is never easy to receive counsel of any kind because receiving counsel means I believe the other person may know better than I do about a situation I am in.  We need to see counsel from a friend that is from the heart as something to be desired.  Real friends love you enough to tell you where you are messing up and how to do better.  If you are the friend giving the counsel, remember it must be heartfelt.

Prayer:

Father, help me to receive heartfelt counsel from friends and to give heartfelt counsel to friends.  Help me to give counsel where needed to help my friends be better.  Help me to listen to those around me more instead of thinking I have everything under control.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment