Friday, January 9, 2015

The Lord Appeared to Him

Scripture:

Genesis 26:24  "The Lord appeared to him the same night and said, 'I am the God of your father Abraham; Do not fear, for I am with you.  I will bless you, and multiply your descendants, For the sake of My servant Abraham'".

Observation:

This passage stood out to me because it said that the Lord appeared to Isaac and spoke to him.  This is common in the Old Testament, especially with the patriarchs.  How incredible it must be for the Lord to appear to you and speak to you as friend with friend.

Application:

Personally, I want the Lord to appear to me and speak as friend to friend.  I want to know Him more.  I want to encounter God as a deeper level during this fast.  I long for Him to speak clearly to me about some things.  I want to encounter Him as Abraham and Isaac did.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, teach me to walk with you.  Reveal yourself to me during this time of fasting and prayer.  Appear and speak to me as friend with friend.  I long to know you more and more each day.  I thirst for more of you.  I want to walk with You and talk with You.  I want Your Spirit to flow through me unhindered.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment