Friday, January 2, 2015

Noah Walked With God

Scripture:

Genesis 6:9  "These are the records of the generations of Noah.  Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God."

Observation:

This is simply a historical record or genealogy, but God made sure to record some things here that give us clues and facts about Noah.  It says of Noah that he was a righteous man, blameless and that he walked with God.  I believe Noah was righteous and blameless because he walked with God.  Righteousness and blamelessness come out of a right relationship with the Father.

Application:

I wish I could have a picture of what "Noah walked with God" looks like.  We know that Noah's forefather's truly "walked with God" in the garden.  In the New Testament we are told to walk in step with the Holy Spirit.  Either way, I want to be a person who walks with God.  I want to know Him more and more each day.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk with You like Noah, Enoch, Moses, etc.  I want to know You more each day.  Help me to be a person who walks with You daily and does everything You ask of me.  Teach me to hear Your voice clearer in 2015 than ever before.  I want to walk with You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment