Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Kingdom

Scripture:

Matthew 13:33  "He Spoke another parable to them, 'The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened'".

Observation:

Jesus was teaching about the kingdom of God using parables or stories to illustrate a point.  In this one, a woman hid leaven in some flour until it was all leavened.  Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven was like this.  When the kingdom gets around stuff that is not of the kingdom, it should change everything around it.

Application:

I like the word hidden in this text because sometimes God hides his children in the midst of a bunch of unbelievers.  The result should be that the unbelievers come under the influence of the kingdom and begin to change.  God has a way of hiding His people among the ungodly through work, sports, education, etc.  His goal is for everything around us to be influenced for the His kingdom.  Believers are called to transform their surroundings.

Prayer:

Father God, let my life be a change agent for your kingdom.  Hide me in places where your glory needs to shine.  Help me use the opportunities You have already given me better for your kingdom.  Let what's in me get into those around me.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment