Monday, January 26, 2015

An Incredible Attitude

Scripture:

Matthew 26:50  "And Jesus said to him, 'Friend, do what you have come for'.  Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and seized Him".

Observation:

Jesus was in the process of being betrayed by Judas and being arrested and He demonstrated an incredible attitude.  He knew it was all in the Father's will, so He went along with the program.  They came to him with weapons to arrest Him and He asked why they thought they needed them.  He even called Judas "friend" as He was betraying Him.  Incredible attitude!

Application:

When we are falsely accused and treated terribly, how do we respond?  When we are betrayed, do we still call the person "friend" and love them anyway?  It is these attitude in Christ that we should strive for.  He didn't feel as the Son of God that He needed to prove Himself, He simply yielded to the will of the Father.  We tend to try to fight for our rights and demand fairness, Jesus just went with the flow and trusted His Father.

Prayer:

Make me more like Jesus today.  Help me have an incredible attitude when people betray me.  Help me walk in true humility and trust of my Father.  I want to be a fully yielded vessel.  I am Yours Lord.  Work in me to bring about Your will.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment