Monday, January 19, 2015

Personal Storage

Scripture:

Matthew 6:19-21  "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in and steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

Observation:

Jesus is teaching his followers in this context and He basically tells them that storing up treasure here on earth is not valuable, but storing treasure in heaven is incredibly valuable.  He says that where our treasure is, there will we find our heart.  If we treasure things on this earth, then our heart is on earth, if we value the things of heaven and God's kingdom, that is where our heart is.

Application:

Since our heart follows our treasure, we need to do an inventory of our treasure and see where it lies.  I need to evaluate where my heart is and what is most important to me.  Are the things of this earth crowding out the things of God?  Am I seeking to gain more here to bring me happiness, or am I seeking to bring more to heaven for God's happiness?  It's always good to do a value check and see where your heart is.

Prayer:

Father God, let me treasure what You treasure and value what you value.  I want to be completely Yours and have treasure in heaven for eternity.  I love You.  Convict me where I need it and make me more like You.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment