Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Appointed Times

Scripture:

Genesis 18:14  "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?  At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son".

Observation:

God sent messengers to Abraham to speak to him.  God had told Abraham and Sarah that they would have a child in their old age.  Abraham was ninety nine and Sarah was ninety.  They were way past childbearing years, yet God told them they would have a huge number of descendants.  The messengers reminded Abraham that nothing was too difficult with the Lord and that there was an appointed time for their child to be born.

Application:

Nothing is impossible for God!  He is amazing, powerful and can do whatever He wants to do.  Nothing is too difficult, but sometimes His timing and ours don't align.  In this passage we see that God has appointed times for things.  We don't like to wait on God because we are accustomed to getting what we want, when we want it.  We must realize that God has set times when He will take care of things in our lives.  The things I have been waiting for will come to pass in God's timing.

Prayer:

Father, give me patience as I wait for the fulfillment of promises.  Teach me to have faith and believe that there are appointed times and season with You and that, at the right time, you will bless me and provide for my needs.  Give me faith to continue trusting when it seems things aren't happening like I thought they should.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment