Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Being a Doer of the Word

Scripture:

Matthew 7:21  "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter".

Observation:

Jesus makes a powerful statement here that we need to keep in our hearts at all times.  He tells us that those who "DO" the will of God will enter the kingdom of heaven, not just everyone who says, "Lord, Lord".  We have to go beyond just believing and calling on the Lord.  Obedience is super important.

Application:

God wants our faith to be put into action.  He wants us to do His will on the earth.  We must step from hearing and even praying, to "DOING" the will of God.  We must ask ourselves today, "what am I doing that God doesn't want me to do and what am I not doing that I know God wants me to do".  It is obedience that is rewarded.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to put your words into action.  Let me live out Your story here on the earth.  Help me to be on Your mission at all times.  Take me deeper in you, especially in the area of obedience.  Help me not just think about your will, but DO it.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment